Life in Utsunomiya.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wow, is this really happening! Michael has been in Utsunomiya since 11/01 and I (Kwan) arrived 11/15. The apartment we have is very nice and we've managed to open our first shipment of boxes. Things are still trying to find it's place, but it's coming along. Michael started work the Monday after he got here and he was staying at the Richmond Hotel for 2 weeks. So far so good...The first weekend he went down to Tokyo to hang out with his old college roomie, Shu. There are pics posted on our pictures link of them at a golf simulator. Pretty cool. I landed Saturday at Narita and immediately the sight of vending machines caught my eye! They are everywhere, it's like Starbucks in NYC. Today I saw my first beer vending machine! I have a grocery store named Otani close by and I probably go there daily. They have sushi with 15 pieces of nigiri for less than $10. It's amazing, not just salmon, tuna, etc...but uni and ikura (the expensive stuff). I must say that cheap and fresh sushi is going to be my vice, good thing it's healthy! There is also this cool dollar store called Daiso that I have grown fond of. It's about 15 minutes away by foot and I probably go there daily too. So far every day is a new adventure for me and I am liking it a lot.

*Pic from our balcony, go to our photos link for more pictures of our apartment*

0 comments: